My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Friday, June 09, 2006

Last night I watched "The Lost Boys of Sudan". It's a documentary about a group of Sudaneese refugees that come to America. All of the boys that come over have lost their parents and or families in war, and now are trying to make a new life for themselves in America.
It's one of those movies that humbles your problems and makes you feel really tiny in respect to the rest of the world.
Like how can I be upset because the woman standing in front of me on the subway decided to board the train before everyone exited the train...when Darfur is the way it is and innocent people die everyday.
If you haven't checked it out, you really should.
It's a good film.

3 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my friends at school is a Lost Boy.

~Molly

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

i thought that was a follow up to the vampire movie

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger CactusCorner said...

I have started to work with Lost Boys, that's how I found your blog. I saw the movie and I set up a blog which is more history and bibliography called Sudanese Interests
http://www.sudaneseinterests.blogspot.com

I led a panel discussion with some Lost Boys for my Toastmasters Club and I am looking at trying to form a Speakers Bureau for them.

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home