My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's happened!
There are 7-eleven's in the big apple.
In support of this phenomenom I will share with you all my one of my favorite terms.
"7-eleven feet"
In Florida we use this term to describe bare feet with black bottoms. Basically they look as if you walked around barefoot in 7-eleven.
Which if you don't know....many redneck's can be seen doing on a daily basis.

When I saw my first NYC 7-eleven I said two things
"I need to get a slurpee, and I need to do it barefoot".
Part of me feels as if these "NYC 7-eleven's" are going to be neglected of their redneck right up here in the north.
I feel like it's my duty...as part 50% white trash...to dress in cut offs and a t-shirt that says "get her done? get ME done!" while I chew on dip and talk to the employee's about how all the mexicans are taking our jobs.
(note: this conversation would happen even if the employees are mexican.)
I'd call myself Justine and then after talkin for a bit to the register guys, I would stand outside and just stand there watching people go in and out... all day long, barefoot and bored.
Cause that's what they do at 7-eleven's in some parts of Florida...
something tells me that they won't be doing much of that here in NYC.

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Maddy said...

Yeah! Slurpee and hangin out out front of the store. They totally did that in Freehold. 7-Eleven is loiter-central.

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger spo said...

slurpeeeeeeeeeeeee
Ever have the slurpee where the cup had THREE sections? So you could have THREE flavors!!!!
Yummmmmm. Mountain Dew, Grape and Cherry!
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

in baltimore i lived in a trashy John Waters neighborhood and there was this sixteen year old girl who we thought worked ENDLESSLY at the 7-11...until we realized she was IDENTICAL TWINS. Seriously. We freaked out when we saw them both, my roommates and I thought we were extra stoned.

i also got dragged there the one time i was tripping, and my sober roommate made me buy chocolate donuts.

mix cherry and cola for the best slurpee. add bean burrito on the side. mmmmmm.

longest tastiest comment ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home