My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Monday, March 06, 2006

What do you take for granted?
On my way back from lunch I went to get onto the elevator and I noticed it jump up and down before the door closed, the gentleman inside let out a scared peep and said "did you just see that?". He then looked at me with eyes that screamed "please get on the elevator with me so I feel like it was nothing and I don't take a death plunge by myself".
I hesitated and then decided to comfort his worry and stepped in and hit my desired floor.
He turns to me and says "these elevators are insane, just imagine if it dropped and you were stepping out".
I thought to myself..."what a psychotic thought...psycho nutcase".
But instead I replied with a "think of how many other things we take for granted".
The elevator then opened on my floor I stepped out quickly so as not be decapitated if the elevator let go right when I was exiting just the way the man had mentioned...and turned to go.
As the door was shutting he said "yeah. geez, I guess I take a lot for ..."

I put my id on the buzzer thing and imagined that man disappearing into a world of falling elevators.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home