My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Thursday, February 02, 2006

In the winter I like to wear baseball/little league socks under my pants. They are warm, they stay up all day and I've really gotten into dressing in things that make me happy. For some reason, baseball socks do that.
I also wear different varieties of striped, polka dot, or just plain knee socks. They aren't as fun as the baseball socks, but still appealing.
Yesterday I was sitting at my desk and realized that I had a hole in my favorite pair of blue baseball socks!!
No biggie as I rarely enter a home these days that requires a shoeless entry.

(Side note: I think I will never have a home where people have to take their shoes off to walk around, not because I have to clean up after them but because I wouldn't want anyone coming into my home with a hole in their sock and then have to feel that awkward "How am I going to pull this off without anyone noticing" thing.)

Relieved that the only thing I'd be doing was work and school I relaxed and proceeded with my day.

Later on, I found myself sitting at my desk and listening to the professors go over the syllabus for the semester...and all of the sudden I heard "we will be going downstairs now to the dance studio, in the dance studio you have to take off your shoes before you enter. We will be wearing our socks".
The toe next to my big toe shrieked in embarrassment, as I trudged down to the dance floor.

I always find it fascinating when you haven't thought about or had to deal with certain things in years and the minute you do think about them...they show up immediately.
What does that?

I don't know...but I do know I need to go baseball sock shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home