My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Monday, January 23, 2006

I listen to the radio while I shower every morning. This morning the Dj's were asking some lady, who was a guest, what her "type" was.
She said she didn't have one.
This got me to thining two things...
Does she say that just because she's been broken by what she thought was her type now lending herself to accepting whatever accepts her?

AND..more importantly...what's my type?
I was thinking about this while washing my hair...where did my type come from and has it changed?
As a kid I used to LOVE the dukes of hazzard, and I thought Luke and Bo were hot hot hot. Although I was always at heart a Luke girl. I liked his dark hair, light eyes and protruding adam's apple.
I kept that steyotype for a while..till high school where I dated the blonde captain of the football team..more of a Bo type. A bigger...footbally Bo.
I then moved on beyond the looks categories for my "type", and started to create fancy subtopics like "he has to like harry chapin" or "he has to be silly, smart, and like the beach".
Looking back I think my favorite subtopic was something like "he has to get it" what IT was I still don't know, but when you are 18, these are the thoughts of a teenage hopeless romantic.
Now, I've taken all restrictions off, and find that the butterfly factor is what does it for me..which is never very good. Cause when I get butterflies I stammer and turn into a babbling fool.
But if I get butterflies, and I can't get over them..then you are my type.
I think that's better than labeling what length of hair, size of waist, and the ability to get "it".
That's when I realized I really was like that lady, and have gotten rid of my type.

I turned off the shower and rushed to get to work on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home