My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Valentines day has been coming up amongst conversations from friends...
I'm not accustomed to having amazingly romantic valentines days. Not because I'm against it or that really bad things happen...I'm either single or this type of thing happens...

The first and only time I ever got a bunch of red roses was in 1996 on Valentines day. My first ever boyfriend got me a dozen red roses and handed them to me as we got into his car with a "Oh here, these are for you". Then we headed back to our friends house after school and watched cheech and chong's up in smoke.
Wow that was ten years ago.

I also once got a red thong that was shaped into a rose by an ex-boyfriend that he later told me he picked up at the gas station on his way over.
That was five years ago.

Last year I got a call saying "I'll give you a present on your birthday".

So as you can see the magic of the "holiday" has worn off over the years, can't say why...but it has.

Oh and for those of you wondering...I never wore that gas station thing...it was scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home