My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Thursday, April 06, 2006

I was trying to think of one of the most embarrassing moments of my childhood and I was having trouble...
I had a lot of little ones, but nothing that was highly traumatic...
Except I do have a weird fear of reading on the toilet.

When I was in kindergarten I was really into reading (my mom is a teacher and was very pro-reading while raising me).
One day during free time I started to read a book.
All of the sudden the teacher exclaimed that free time was over and we should all go back to our desks.
Well! I wasn't finished with my book, free time couldn't be over...so I looked around for a good place to hide and finish reading.
I decided that I would go to the bathroom and bring the book with me so I could read the rest of it without getting into trouble.
I tucked the book I was reading up in my skirt held it between my legs and waddled over to the bathroom. I remember waving my hands in the air in an effort to divert attention away from my legs.
I walked up to the bathroom turned the "Green light Go" sign to "Red light STOP!" on the doorknob, sat down on the toilet, and began to finish my read.
It seemed to be the perfect place; I could go to the bathroom and read at the same time, and all without the interference of the rest of the class!
I had found a perfect place!!
Well, somewhere between the toilet paper, being in heaven, and the end of the book I dropped the book into the toilet.
THIS WAS HORRIBLE.
Not only was I missing from the class, but the book was as well...and not only that but if I wanted to finish the book I would have to fish it out of pee water.
YUCK!
After much contemplation I decided to do what any other smart 5/6 year old would do.
I quietly snuck out of the bathroom. Let the door shut WITHOUT switching the "Red Light STOP!" sign.
I then spent the rest of the day watching a bunch of little kids stand outside that bathroom...squirm around and eventually after they couldn't hold it anymore go to the next door classroom.
I never told my teacher, never finished reading that book, and still to this day you'll never see me anywhere near a toilet with a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home