My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Monday, May 21, 2007

I've been getting back into running. I used to be a competitive long distance runner in jr. high and high school.
Running saved me from boredom, family fights, and homework. I ran miles and miles and miles every day...basically I was a running junky.

Then I got a boyfriend and did what any other self respecting Junior in High School would do. I stopped running and started going to parties.
The rest as you all know is history, as was my running career.


But now, ten years later (maybe more) I've found my old secret love.


I signed up and ran my first race in ten years. And I have to tell you I was shocked at how easily it all just came back to me. I immediately knew how to find my pace, calm myself down and zone out...and as soon as I saw that finish line I knew just how to kick it up a notch. It felt great.


I am officially back in love with running! Watch out Central Park, I'm gonna run the bajeezuz out of you...that is if you don't knock the bajeezuz out of me first.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home