My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A lot has happened since the last time I posted.
I started rehearsals for the new musical I wrote.
I got a new job at HBO. :)
I decided I may want to stay in my apartment in Queens instead of dealing with insane realtors.

And I bought tickets to the 20th Anniversary of Dirty Dancing...
This is the thing that made me wake up today smiling and ready to go.

It was 20 years ago that I sat in the theater for my friend Amy Klash's birthday unaware of the love obsession that was about to be born.

I think I may regress to an 8 year old who has no idea what the Penny story line is about and thinks that baby is actually very pretty.
I may think that Max isn't that bad but Johnny is a god.
I may still overlook the fact that Mrs. Shoemaker had fake spiders in her purse...Why did she have fake spiders in her purse?
And I know I will want to recreate the end dance scene over and over and over.

One of the most interesting things about the movie is how it has made me want to find my childhood best friend Erica. We used to have the best time doing those dances and reciting the movie over and over in our own ignorant bliss.
I wonder if the re-release has made her want to try and find me too!

YAY DIRTY DANCING!

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How funny is it that googling yourself could lead to this? Hi Amanda! I haven't seen you since we were little pranksters racking up hundreds of dollars in phone charges by calling Richard Simmons (& 1-900 lines)
I don't think I can take the credit for your DD obsession since I wasn't allowed to see such a provocative movie until I got my fake ID.
It would be great to hear more from you...any way to chat without the voyeuristic eyes of the internet? Hope you find Erica-maybe you should google her.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Amy if you are on myspace find me or send me an email. That Richard Simmons story is one I still tell.
I'd love to catch up.
And to think for 20 years I thought it was your birthday party that opened my eyes to such dirty dance moves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home