My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Thursday, August 10, 2006

In an effort to try and get hot...like "make your body talk" hot. I purchased a NIKE "Improve your indurance" MP3 on ITunes.
It's pretty rad...
This is how it works...they have a bunch of mixes thrown together for you to run to. There is a guys voice that comes on every once in a while and tells you to "slow down your pace" or to "kick it up!". He says things like "Push it...think about your goal" "You can do it, you are half-way there!"


When I was younger I would run to get away from my teenage angst. I had fire in my step and determination poured from my everything.
I would run and have conversations like this in my head:

"That's right, keep going! Pretty soon you will be able to beat the state record!
Get your speed up so you can beet that Lazenga girl (she was my rival)!
So what if he doesn't notice you...he will one day, especially if you keep it up!"

Now...
I sit in a gym, pushing myself to this pre-recorded jerkface workout and always have this conversation:

"Yay! You made it to the gym.
You are listening to a recording.
This guy sounds like Speed Racer.
If you stop he will never know.
This is a recording.
No one will know.
Just stop.
No...keep going, you want a hot tummy and butt....keep going.
No You should stop. You know you are goinng to get wings after this anyways".

And I do.
I do go get the wings afterwards.

1 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Blogger Pat Baer said...

You're pretty damn hot already.

But I fully support self-improvement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home