My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Monday, October 16, 2006

I went upstate this weekend to visit my grandparents.

I was always told that my grandma was brought over from Germany during the war by here mother and was raised in the Bronx without a father.
Supposedly he sent his wife and two daughters to America to save them from being hurt by the Nazi’s, never to see them again.

This is what my dad was told...and this is what he told me.

I was sitting in my grandma's house yesterday when out of nowhere she says. Oh yeah my father died four years ago.
I sat up and asked her what she meant. How did she know that?
"Oh he had Alzheimer’s and was in the Bronx. Lived to be 94. Guess he did alright huh!"
She then said once she remembered her mom going to his house for money...and he shut her out.

So now we have this little dilemma....do we believe the original story that has been told over and over again and has become the fate of the grandpa my dad never knew?

Or do we believe the new and unimproved story where my dad's grandpa was a deadbeat dad that wound up in the Bronx....a la Flavor Flav?

YEAAAAAAAHHHHH BOOOYYYY.
Talk about real life drama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home