My little blog

Some thoughts that I have from time to time:

Monday, November 07, 2005

So this morning on the subway I heard coming from someone's ipod/zen/cd player "We Built this City from Rock and Roll" by Starship. Hearing it made me look around in a hurry to see who was jamming out to one of my favorite silly songs*.
I turned and saw that there was a guy in his corporate attire jamming out and looking at himself in the reflection of the doors using the subway moving to slowly rock back and forth to the beat of the music. He at one point mouthed "Tony plays the mambo", and I sat with great anticipation that his resitance to the power of the song would break and I would see him dance around like a fool.
He kept his composure and after a bit I turned and got lost in my own thoughts, thinking about the fact that maybe we all have silly songs that aren't so silly...maybe we all listen to starship on the subway.
Then I noticed his song was ending and I took a listen to see what was next...
turns out he had starship on repeat.

That's even too silly for me.



*a silly song is a song that I love to dance very silly like to, or to listen to on the subway at low levels because I feel silly even listening to it in public.

2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Pat Baer said...

Never be afraid to listen to anything loudly on the subway.... because no one else worrying about it.

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree with that. I mouthed along with the guy across from me while his iPod blasted Avril Lavine a little too loud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home